When you look in the mirror…what do you see? What do you focus on? Do you see the freckles you cover up with your make-up? Do you see the circles under your eyes? Do you see a double chin? Perhaps some blemishes? Instead, how about noticing your beautiful eyes that allow you to see this magnificent world we live in? What about that awesome smile that makes the people around you happy? Do you see the amazing qualities that make you; YOU? How about instead of focusing on the “flaws” you take the challenge to focus on all of the things that you do like about yourself versus tearing yourself apart? The more good things you focus on the more your self-love will grow.
Learning how to love yourself
Le Boudoir Studio believes that all women are beautiful and should embrace their exclusive beauty. Women can be their own worst critics, but as a woman it’s especially important to practice self-love. In our opinion a woman who accepts and loves herself just as she is; is a force to be reckoned with. Think about it…if you accept and love yourself (and all your self-proclaimed flaws) then what anyone else says or thinks really doesn’t matter; all that matters is what you think about yourself. Does accepting yourself mean that you will be perfect and not make any mistakes? Fat chance! The beautiful thing about your unique journey is that you will make mistakes; lots of them! I’m here to tell you that those mistakes will be some of your greatest lessons, so go ahead make lots! 😛
In order to empower yourself as a women there are some key things you can do:
- Stop comparing yourself to others! Each and every one of us is unique.
- Stop wishing you could be something you’re not. Some women aren’t meant to have straight hair or be a size zero, and thank goodness for that cause what a boring world it would be if we were all the same.
- Surround yourself with like-minded and positive people who are aligned with your life plan and goals.
- Start a gratitude journal. Practice focusing on all of the wonderful things in your life and you will keep attracting more.
- Learn to forgive yourself easily.
- Love yourself more than anyone else does and no one will be able to knock you down.
The world can be a cruel place but if you learn to focus on the beauty within; everything else will seem a little rosier. This blog was featured on Arizona Weddings and Magazine blog!
Sending you lots of love,
For more inspiration from our writer Tianna Leigh check out Wishes for the Soul!